Friday, December 18, 2009

Streetlights (Stream of Conscious)

Placing step after step, a heart beat
Is heard around the street corner,
But nothing to spark my curiosity,
As I approach the road, I look to my right,
Lights, sound, a crowd is seen,
Under the shadow of the streetlight,
I stare at the crowd, staring at the people,
The streets are dead, but this place, alive,
An irony I'll never understand,
Across the street, a man sleeping,
Under the warmth of the moon, he shivers,
The music, the people, never have I seen
Such cold hearts, blind ambitions,
An apathy that clouds the mind of the most youthful,

But as I stared through that man's soul,
There's a greater essence to his existence,
A vibration to his humanity that emits a form of happiness,
For he sits and wakes, for he lives and breathes,
Under the shadow of the streetlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment